Who we are
Incorporated in 1983, Olis is a privately held corporation that prides itself in consistently creating unique, innovative technology solutions to spawn specialized and exclusive instruments at competitive prices.
Our Staff are our most valuable asset. When you want a job done right, you need professionals with the technical expertise and the experience necessary to understand your needs from the ground up. We believe in a personal working relationship with every client to keep Olis on the cutting edge of spectroscopy instrumentation, on time and within budget.
Our after-sale philosophy and commitment to provide high quality, versatile instruments that last, is reflected in what our clients have to say about us.
"No one provides better, more immediate technical support; and no other company is more willing to change their software (or hardware) for single cases the way Olis does."
Dr. Wayne Bolen, UTMB
“You have created a marvel of simplicity, functionality, and versatility, all in one.”
Brian G. Fox, UWisc
To read more client comments please follow this link
|Welcome to Olis, Inc.
Olis, Inc. – originally On-Line Instrument Systems, Inc. – was founded in 1974 by three young biochemists with expertise in optics, electronics, and the young field of computer programming. Today, this privately-held American company continues to serve the biophysical, biochemical, and bioenergetics fields with absorbance, fluorescence, and circular dichroism spectroscopy for sophisticated research and routine measurements.
With over 30 years of experience, Olis has been at the forefront of industry growth and change. We have over 700 systems in 32 countries, and our achievements in technology and hardware have earned us awards, patents, and loyal customers.
Our highly innovative bent has spawned specialized and exclusive instruments.
- We offer the only circular dichroism spectrometer in the world capable of operating without a lock-in amplifier.
- We hold the patent on a rapid-scanning monochromator, (RSM 1000) which supports collection of 1,000 scans per second.
- In 2006, we introduced a compact, fast, and precise line of UV/Vis and NIR “Hummingbird” monochromators, around which modular single or multiple purpose spectrophotometers are built.
- In 2007, we introduced “spectacularly” sensitive NIR CD, CPL, and Polarization of Fluorescence spectrophotometers, which utilize liquid crystal variable retardance in place of piezo-elastic modulators.
In 2009, we introduced the revolutionary CLARiTY series. With this all-new detection system, obtain accurate absorbance measurements for highly turbid samples. In fact, the CLARiTY is 100% immune to scatter. This extraordinary advance is attributed to the DeSa Suspension Presentation Cavity, where the sample is held. We are very excited to see what impact the CLARiTY could have on cancer and disease studies. Learn more about the CLARiTY system here.
Olis was nominated for a 2010 Green Dot Award, recognizing excellence in our efforts to minimize our impact on the environment. Technologically advanced, yet environmentally conscious, Olis is one of few companies pursuing green initiatives.
Meeting Your Needs
- Hand-built custom configured instruments vs. fixed/rigid configurations.
- Multiple measurements on one system. Read more about the Olis MultiScan.
- Upgradeability and modularity, which means lower long term cost to operate.
- Modernization of classic instruments like the Cary 14, Aminco DW-2, and SLM 8000 models.
- Superior customer service with personal, one-on-one support.
Founder, Richard DeSa "Chief" at work
|Top of Page